Thursday, January 7, 2010

Temple Beth Israel

Looks like I have a couple of people to be proud of this week!



This week, my mentor, teacher and friend, Gabrielle Calvocoressi, was picked as 'Poet's Choice' in The Washington Post. The article features her poem, Temple Beth Israel, as well as an introduction written by Gaby. The poem is published in her groundbreaking book "Apocalyptic Swing," which came out earlier this year and I highly recommend it to all of my readers! I am so excited and inspired to see Gaby acknowledged as 'Poet's Choice'; to be featured in a newspaper as well-read and circulated as The Washington Post gives me assurance that great poetry lives around us all day, everyday. Click here to read the article.

Congratulations Gaby, and thank you for always inspiring me!

No comments:

Post a Comment