Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer Colors


It's summertime which means lots of color: yellow (sunshine in essence), blue (sky on a clear day), green (grass at the park), pink (nails and toes) and red (Margaritas to wash it all down). Bright colors bring happiness and good feelings. I've been all about it. Lately, however, I've been really enjoying soft, warm tones. Welcome, people, to my new favorite color palate. It can be found in California backyards...


  ...in chic boutique dressing rooms...


...and in creatively designed vignettes. Now, I know there are a few artful types among you. When it comes to my knowledge of color there is no spectrum. In the above, I see green (maybe turquoise?), blue (when is Cobalt really Cobalt?) and creme (I'm thinking latté). Does anyone want to have a go and give these colors their rightful names? I'd be ever so grateful this Sunday eve.

7 comments:

  1. I love your new header! And your bigger pictures. Your blog is beautiful. I like the names you have given to these colors. Have a happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turquoise, cobalt, creme, cerise, and blush, set off on a color I call "mud". Very beautiful, colorful, yet serene. I feel inspired by the colors, I really do. Love your new format too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shorts are St. Barts blue and the dress is Provencal white. DDUUUUUUHHHH!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clear, calm, summery shades...nothing could be better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new blog layout! Looks beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely re-design! And the hammock is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete