Monday, February 1, 2010

A City Can Be



And underlined, I might add. It's unbelievable how a city can change in just one week! I'm mostly talking about weather in this instance, although I do believe that New York City is one of the most exciting and eclectic places I ever visit, and it never gets old! I can't count the number of times I've frequented the fair city and each time is like my first. Maybe it's a poor memory (although, who am I kidding, it usually serves me well), but wonders of the city just keep popping up for me like I'm experiencing each sky, line and angle for the first time. It's like I'm on a hunt for that fantastic place, the great unknown hot-spot, and at the door I've been there before, but I don't know it. That kind of thing.

Just like everyday on my trip last week was unlike the one preceding and the one to follow. One day I'm going from thing to thing to thing and the next I forgot what time and what day it was. Forget trying to figure out the month, time flies. One day, the blustery wind pounds rain against the window, turning umbrellas from rainbows into capital "y's" and the next day, you feel the sun's rays against your back as you walk from it. Talk about different sky phases. I saw gloomy skies, pink skies, clear skies. I saw sun, rain and snow. I'm a teeth chatterer, and boy, did I do a lot of that--like this day below, when cute kids frolicked to Central Park to build snow men and throw snow balls.





Changing...



Changing...



Changed...only to change again, oh too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment