Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Spiced Pumpkin Bread





Pumpkin bread has been a Fall tradition in my family ever since I was in elementary school. Maybe it was my kindergarten class (Mom, feel free to chime in here) at Meadow Oaks that published a cookbook??? There was a pumpkin bread recipe in there that has become legendary in my family. I've moved on to a new recipe, but I don't think matters which one you use. Spiced. Pumpkin. Bread. I don't see a problem here.

My favorite thing about the recipe: "bake for one hour, or until the top begins to crack." I just love the way it looks when it's ready.

Off to enjoy another slice!

9 comments:

  1. you had me at PUMPKIN BREAD. oh my gosh, this looks divine!! i just made a banana nut bread from an old issue of gourmet and it was so satisfying to see the top rise and crack!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I see a problem either. Or should I say, prollem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY FAVES. Can't wait for thanksgiving next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin flavoured everything is one of the best things about fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to come make/eat pumpkin bread with you when I get back in December!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, the recipe came from one of the mothers in your kindergarten class. There was a cookbook that the parents made. I lost that recipe but this one is really good. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love LOVED every bite I was lucky enough to nibble...

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm...loving all the cozy fall things from a decidedly hot and not fall-like Mozambique.

    I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week; if you know anyone in Malawi looking to celebrate, do let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey there, could you please post the recipe? ( hopefully my bf will have happy tummy ^^ )

    ReplyDelete