Saturday, October 22, 2011

"Standing on a Hill in my Mountain of Dreams"*



Last Sunday's sunset on ocean beach. If I could watch the sunset every night I would.



I'd watch it every night but then wouldn't it become less special? It would become everyday. It would become routine.



I'll keep it as is, then. Spontaneous, deliberate, full of meaning. As if each sun I see, is the first to set. As if the sun I'll see, was never born. Until now.**

*Line from Led Zeppelin's Going to California.

**Inspired by the line:

"Ride a white mare in the footsteps of dawn/tryin' to find a woman who's never, never, never been born" (Page/Plant).

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about sunsets in Cambodia. Stunning, but I fear I'll take them for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my way to Outerlands this Saturday, during the hottest weekend in SF, I was SO stunned to actually see the sunset in the Sunset, it was the first time I've experienced that. With no fog, still warm air at 6:30PM. It was definitely special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. be still my heart. loving sf from afar, for sure. i have to say though, i saw the golden gate bridge (the geeg) everyday on my way to work for nearly 3 years and it NEVER got old. you know what else never gets old, MEGGIE! love and miss! xo

    ReplyDelete