Thursday, February 16, 2012

Friendship "Sister" Bracelets



At the tail end of our Mother Daughter weekend, Heather and I made friendship bracelets. We didn't get too far along because we had dinner and a nutty finale of Downton to watch, but we dipped our toes in the process for as long as we could. It was raining outside which made staying inside with a project very cozy indeed.



Once I got the hang of it, I was immediately transported to little girlhood, when I made these at recess or on play-dates with friends. The hand motion took me right back.



Heather printed out the instructions and the very first step (numbering your strings as 1, 2, 3, and 4) reminded me of the amazing Feist song of the same name:



Not sure which colors are bolder: the ones on my couch or in the Feist video. Listen to the song here if you want a soundtrack while you read.



With dinner at Wo Hing General Store in our future, I had food on my mind. I told Heather that her bracelet "looked" like Joan's on Third.



And that mine "looked" like Outerlands.



Race to the finish.



Or, not really. We sisters are a lot of things, but competitive is not one of them.



It was fun getting crafty with Heather last Sunday night. By the time we were ready to move onto a new pattern, is was time for dinner (or we got distracted by episodes of Modern Family, I can't remember). We really only scratched the surface. Luckily, Heather left me with many colors of "floss" so I have a long Spring of friendship bracelets in my future.

Thanks, Heathie, for bringing this fun activity into our trip!

6 comments:

  1. I love these! It was fun to watch you making them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it too much pressure to request five by P.S? :) Or perhaps we bring the 'floss' and do it together over tropical drinks? I LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what?! it was the finale??? I had no idea and now i'm depressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! What a blast from the past. Missing you M!

    ReplyDelete