Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Miette



How is it that I've lived in San Francisco for almost 5 years and only just been to Miette for the first time? Well, it's not entirely true. I had popped into their Ferry Building location once or twice, but I'd never seen the Hayes Valley shop - perhaps what some might call the flagship store?



About a week and a half ago, I stumbled in with my Mom and Heather on our Mother/Daughter weekend. It was approaching Valentines Day and the place felt like one giant heart! Although I have a feeling this place is always this pink.



As it should be. This could seriously have been the most beautiful curated pastry shop I'd ever been to.



With treats that look this good, it's hard to decide whether I should eat them or just stare in awe.



Candy coming out of every nook and cranny!



Bowls of pink! When I was younger, my childhood room was pink. Everywhere. Pink walls, pink curtains, pink bedding. I want to say the carpet was pink, but I imagine my parents had to draw the line somewhere. At Miette the other day, we were all kids in a candy shop.



So beautiful and delightful. I have a sweet tooth for Miette!!!

What's your favorite sweet treat??

4 comments:

  1. so pretty and so french. my favorite sweet: nutella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never been to this little gem! it looks like a fairy tale. : )
    my favorite sweet is carrot cake, chocolate croissants, macarons, cheesecake, chocolate peanut-butter anything, etc. etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm... I think you just photographed my heaven...

    ReplyDelete