Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Ice Cream

It's a lot, I know, but the week wouldn't be complete without the half-gallon of pumpkin ice cream, now would it? Mitchell's Ice Cream is only 5 blocks from my house which is both a danger and a gift. Even though the lines of customers wrap around the block, on hot summer nights it's the place to be. And clearly, on warm autumn nights it is also the place to be. Now, just to explain myself: it's not typical for me to get this large amount of ice cream from Mitchell's. However, the line was far too long for one simple helping whereas the to-go line (aka: the larger portions) was non-existent. So, that's how this happened. Just a few scoops from this bucket-o-cream tasted sweet as pie.





And yes, that's an ice cream cone in my house. Don't worry, though, I don't have a bulk bag of them or anything. I just thought it would be fun to get cones to-go (in addition to the 1/2 gallon) giving my place the full ice-cream parlor effect.

1 comment: