Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ferry Building in Summer



If you're lacking inspiration, a visit to the Ferry Building Farmer's Market might amp you up. I mean, seriously, this place was out of control last Saturday (Heather and Alex's first full day of their visit). The bounty of specialty items almost made me entirely ignore the stone fruit I dream of all other months of the year.

Luckily, I did get my green on - the Green Gulch Farm stand is conveniently located at the entrance, so I couldn't miss their produce. They might be my favorite of all the stands, but, of course, I am biased because I've walked the grounds of their farm and meditated on their land, so ya, I'm biased...



Green gulch greens!



A basket of tamales - what's not to like?



I didn't buy the Juniper Ridge sachets, but I could have gone home with everything they had to offer.



Like their tea...



...or their sage. Note: I did buy their Pinon incense. Last night was the first night I burned it and it made my whole apartment smell like Big Sur. I'm obsessed!



Tell Tale Preserves.



Beautiful Heath, as always.



My annual summer lavender bunch! It always feels like a ritual when I swap out my faded bunch for a fresh and fragrant one.



These adorable kids, transfixed - and holding hands. Love at the Ferry Building. We all experience it.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had been there with you. I love the Ferry Building's Farmer Market. You and I were there once and we drank hot chocolate as we looked at everything. It is so wonderful. And those two kids, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my heart. you've captured all of my most favorite things--minus a pic of my sweet gf. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha "so ya, i'm biased." you're funny.

    p.s. those preserves look sooooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE the Ferry Building (then again, who doesn't?!) and it is always my first stop when I am in SF. You are so lucky to be so close!

    ReplyDelete